Forums » Help and Advice

Need some help. (Mental issue.)

• Molock13
    • 15 posts
    September 17, 2019 6:49 PM EDT

I don't want to get to into the details. I've been working with a woman who isn't a psychologist legally, but should she should be. I've been living with her for about four years. I recently moved out on my own, because we both agree I have come as far as I can without professional help. Well after all that time. I think we have found the crux of the majority of my issues. I'm emotionally stunted. I can feel empathy, remorse, and know whats right and wrong for the most part. But where with most people that dial is turned to like 8. Mine is around 2. Not quite to the degree of a legit sociopath, as they have no conscience at all, but close.

I'll give you some examples. For one. I can't really feel love. I know when I should, but I don't. When my father died I didn't really care. I mean I did, but not to the level I think I should have. But I figured that was because he was a great A asshole and almost no one liked him anyway. But my mom on the other hand. I know I loved my mom. But even though that is the case. When she died it was much the same. I only cared for about an hour or two then moved on.

There are other things. I can live with someone for years and establish relationships with them, but if we break up for some reason. Well that's it. They are pretty much dead to me. I don't cry. I don't dwell on it. I just move on as if they never existed. I looked into this online and so far I've found that they say most people with this condition can't be truly fixed. The best they can hope for is to learn to be good actors. They fake the emotions they are supposed to have, but don't actually feel them.

But the thing is. I don't want to be an actor. I do want to feel something other than anger. Is there anyone else who has this problem here and how do you coup with it?

This post was edited by Molock13 at September 17, 2019 6:52 PM EDT
  • JoshuaMPryce
    • 17 posts
    October 22, 2019 3:38 PM EDT

Your in a very good place mentally. Im exactly the same and i didnt used to be. When people dont love you or care about you. Theres nothing you can do to get their attention, its not worth it honestly. I dont get angry though (well not very often) I think you should overcome negativity with postivity and do something positive. Work on changing someones life. Decide to become spiritual, that is what i id when i was on your shoes. I had alot of problems with people, still do to this day. People dont like me very much usually for no reason. Being spiritual helps me overcome their hate and keep on living to help people and change lives. I dont look at people as people anymore but as humans souls. Get yourself a bible and read it and you will be helped as i have been helped by it.

JOSHUAMARTIN PRYCE youtube.

This post was edited by JoshuaMPryce at October 22, 2019 3:39 PM EDT
  • Molock13
    • 15 posts
    October 28, 2019 3:19 AM EDT
    JoshuaMPryce said:

Your in a very good place mentally. Im exactly the same and i didnt used to be. When people dont love you or care about you. Theres nothing you can do to get their attention, its not worth it honestly. I dont get angry though (well not very often) I think you should overcome negativity with postivity and do something positive. Work on changing someones life. Decide to become spiritual, that is what i id when i was on your shoes. I had alot of problems with people, still do to this day. People dont like me very much usually for no reason. Being spiritual helps me overcome their hate and keep on living to help people and change lives. I dont look at people as people anymore but as humans souls. Get yourself a bible and read it and you will be helped as i have been helped by it.

JOSHUAMARTIN PRYCE youtube.

I've already given God a shot. It helped for a little bit, but I've come to the conclusion that Satan is actually the good guy in the story. The only reason he gets the short end of the stick is because history is written by the victors. But he hasn't really helped much either...