Forums » Introductions

I came here from VF

• Goaway
    • 29 posts
    October 5, 2019 6:39 PM EDT
    ...Like a bunch of other people it seems.

Sadly didn't get the details of any of my friends on there before hand so I'm lacking the late night gothy chats I'd gotten used to.

I'm listening to Chelsea Wolf and Windhand most at the moment.

I live in the UK, I'm a stay at home mum and I've started writing horror again after taking a few years break from writing to look after a friend.

I dye my hair a lot but it's usually black and green.
    This post was edited by Goaway at October 6, 2019 12:10 PM EDT
  • CandyCaneWilma
    • 32 posts
    October 6, 2019 11:56 AM EDT
    Welcome :)
    I m mother of 2 ,(4yo and 11months) , so... Guess we have always some topics for chat ...
  • Goaway
    • 29 posts
    October 6, 2019 12:09 PM EDT
    CandyCaneWilma said:
    Welcome :) I m mother of 2 ,(4yo and 11months) , so... Guess we have always some topics for chat ...

Thanks! By the looks of it babies and books! I'm also a library fiend.
  • intotheviolence
    • 6 posts
    October 9, 2019 7:53 PM EDT

Ah, fellow immigrant.
    Presently jamming High on Fire. So maybe there's a music topic in relation to Doom and Windhand. 

• Goaway
    • 29 posts
    October 12, 2019 1:24 PM EDT
    It shocks me how many people here came from VF.
    I love Windhand, but I just found out they're not touring in the UK because of brexit making travel to the UK too complex next year. Always happy to chat!
  • BlackInk
    • 1 posts
    October 12, 2019 5:11 PM EDT
    Came from VF too. What was your nickname?
  • Joshuas7x
    • 13 posts
    November 4, 2019 12:37 AM EST

Also Came from VF; wanted to find something new.

• Goaway
    • 29 posts
    November 5, 2019 6:13 AM EST
    I don't remember my name :( Caurus MAYBE or Ivychime,
    but honestly not sure.
  • Stray
    • 4 posts
    November 6, 2019 2:08 AM EST

Yup, from VF as well over here. Someone sent me a message to migrate over here. Dont know how popular this place is yet (as Ive just joined), but its about to get a whole lot more traffic hah.

• Joshuas7x
    • 13 posts
    November 6, 2019 4:03 AM EST

Yes, I still don't understand why Jet just won't completely let go of the site.  However I don't think he has full control of it.  A few years ago he posted about how he sold the rights to the company.  So I still don't understand how he can just shut it down.

• Stray
    • 4 posts
    November 6, 2019 5:02 AM EST

Which company? Havent heard of that one.. i figured if hes still running it, he still owns it?

I imagine maybe because hes created it, and it has had a really long run he might just not want to let it go to someone that will fuck it up (further).

• Joshuas7x
    • 13 posts
    November 6, 2019 5:30 AM EST

These are good questions.  I posted on the forum asking about; hopefully someone has better details.

• Goaway
    • 29 posts
    November 6, 2019 3:22 PM EST
    This site isn't that active but I'm hoping people will get active and stick with it because this is my only goth space. I live in a world of beige lovelies.
  • Stray
    • 4 posts
    November 7, 2019 4:30 PM EST

Same. Even down in popularity VF was still better than nothing. Ive looked into other sites and it seems like this ones the most active besides VF. Might be more so once VF shuts down entirely.