Forums » Bands and Music

Musicians

• kyouma
    • 6 posts
    November 13, 2019 10:44 PM EST
    I'm not sure if this post goes on here but eh. Any musicians on here that have started musical projects? Any major or minor roadblocks you guys encounter? If so, what are they?
  • vitriolic
    • 3 posts
    January 31, 2020 1:07 AM EST

The main roadblock is finding musicians that can play, especially the particular genre you're going for. The next obstacle is "clicking" with the band member not only musically but ideologically. Lastly, the amount of dedication. Some band members will work great on the first 2 or 3 songs and then flake out afterwards.  

• kyouma
    • 6 posts
    January 31, 2020 2:26 AM EST
    Understandable. I finally found musicians I click with.
  • kairu
    • 4 posts
    February 2, 2020 3:04 PM EST

Hello from Tokyo,

Yah human connections and having a shared vision is hard to find and harder to maintain over time.

After that, promotion in an overly saturated market is a very difficult thing. Make sure what you are offering is not only quality but unique.

• kyouma
    • 6 posts
    February 2, 2020 3:10 PM EST
    @kairu greetings. You are right and my band is going all out skipping the bars and playing larger shows while also going the extra mile. We are recording an e.p. this week and we are following with a music video.
  • kairu
    • 4 posts
    February 2, 2020 3:13 PM EST

Yah def better to not play pointless gigs, good luck with your gigs and with promoting the upcoming release /m/

• kyouma
    • 6 posts
    February 2, 2020 3:20 PM EST
    Thank you. Everything is being done on our budget but we are making it as professional as possible. So yeah. Fingers crossed.