It blows,in the town I'm living in.

• pazuzu
    • 11 posts
    September 26, 2014 11:22 PM EDT

pretty much nonexistant unless all of us are hiding, lol

• crow
    • 7 posts
    February 22, 2015 1:28 PM EST
    I've heard that the scene is big where I am, but I've never come across another goth, except once.
  • March 6, 2015 2:28 PM EST

Alot, usually in a coffee shop or in the darkest part of schol ha-ha

• Mishanax
    • 7 posts
    April 26, 2015 3:06 PM EDT

it's pretty decent where I live. if you're 18+. Not because it's like, y'know, not kid friendly or whatever it just happens to be that all the goth people here are in college. hahah. 

• ILoveTheRain
    • 6 posts
    May 13, 2015 1:04 PM EDT

The goth scene where I live is nonexistent anymore. There used to be a few get togethers with some of the older highschoolers, but they all moved away from this crappy town when they graduated and now there's nothing. It sucks.

• Nightshade11
    • 4 posts
    June 16, 2015 7:55 AM EDT

Zero scene here, and almost zero in Memphis (nearest city)  old schoolers don't necessarily look the part unless out at show or 80's night somewhere lol. I am old Death rocker an look the part outside ov work almost every day! :) 

• June 20, 2015 9:45 PM EDT

Im pretty much the only alternative I know, so nada mas :p and its kinda dead where I live

• January 17, 2016 7:13 PM EST

I never see any other goths :( feels lonely

• Charna
    • 7 posts
    January 23, 2016 2:01 PM EST

There are no other goths in my town. Well, goths over 20 at any rate.

In the city near me there was a thriving goth scene about 15 years ago, but it's largely been replaced by the deathcore kids. Now you're really only find a couple of cybergoths at a trance party, or metalheads dressed in goth fashion at metal shows.

• June 11, 2016 1:39 AM EDT

Well, I live in Atlanta and the only time I see other alternative people is at concerts. However, I was born in Montreal and the alt scene is amazing there, I love it.

This post was edited by SafetyPinSerenade at June 11, 2016 11:46 AM EDT
  • CrybabyFreakshow
    • 18 posts
    July 29, 2016 8:24 PM EDT

Nonexistent. however, there are a lot of alternative people where I am though. But i've never met another person who identifies as part of the gothic subculture where I live.

Thats why i'm here!

• July 30, 2016 2:18 AM EDT

I came to Montreal for 2 weeks (going back to georgia tomorrow) and I'm very pleased to see the alternative scene is thriving here. I went to the Marilyn Manson/Slipknot show, and like every goth and metalhead in the city was there it was insane. And yesterday I went to a great alternative clothing store called Boutique X2O. Didn't have money to buy anything but it was an amazing window-shopping session lol

This post was edited by SafetyPinSerenade at October 23, 2016 10:42 AM EDT
  • Katjakai
    • 5 posts
    August 5, 2016 6:39 AM EDT

Non existant. whats particulary sad is that I missed most of it, because I live in this town for only a year. There are some special Goth nights but no actual goth club. The paradox thing about this tho, is there are TONS of alternative people in this town.

Also there is a meet-up in a park in my town, which USED to be very gothy. But now its all underage drinking, scene kids mixed up with real bad mainstream. 

• battleangel
    • 25 posts
    October 22, 2016 5:08 PM EDT

Wow I feel blessed. The scene here is very different to what it was inthe early 90's but there is something on every weekend. Most of the clubs play industrial, synthpop, ebm, darkwave, aggrotech etc which I love dancing to but once a month we have a retro goth, post punk, industrial, alternative night for all the old folk and young fol alike. There is aso an annual goth picnic which is nice catch up with friends. There is a goth parents group.

I guess living in a major city helps. I am seeng Leaether Strip play next week.

• October 26, 2016 10:43 PM EDT

I wouldn't say Nonexistant but very scarce.I am not a fan of this city but it is home 

• Opheliamoon
    • 3 posts
    May 30, 2017 3:14 PM EDT
    Philly life is still kicking. Maybe not as strong like past years but it's still alive compared to many other places.
  • KittyKatSoda
    • 4 posts
    June 19, 2017 3:46 PM EDT

Pretty much, we have nothing.  I'm from mexico and although there is a small outwardly gothic kind of culture and mexicans LOVE Morressy and the cure, actual goths freak them out.  Mostly, we're like 5 years behind on things so theres a large punk scene still that have backyard parties and there's ONE goth night every month that is always changing locations so, it's not great. :/

I WISH it was more lively.  Even once thought about an idea of starting a gothic club but I'm pretty sure it would go out of business pretty quick. Q.Q

• LoveBlossoming
    • 3 posts
    December 28, 2017 1:07 PM EST

I've been to a few different places in my state and the gothic scene kind of ebbs and flows based on the area. In my first college town, there was a club that had a goth night and there was a decent cross-over between that and the artsy kids I hung out with and the people I knew who were/are into BDSM. The next college town, the goth scene mostly consisted of people in the BDSM community including a lot of fetish models. When I moved back, there was no scene nearby but then I got wind of a few goth clubs/goth nights and went. The first was pretty good but far away, the second was in the town where my college (just graduated) is. The third I have yet to go to, but am making plans with my brother's girlfriend, who I am friends with. She said that club is pretty good. I just want to find a coffee-shop like atmosphere that is a good gothic hangout spot with decent music and art.

• BlackRoseKnight
    • 2 posts
    February 13, 2018 6:30 PM EST

Is non-existent.  lol

• WeGoth
    • 3 posts
    May 15, 2018 4:40 AM EDT

Only in my head, too little town ...

• lunablack
    • 6 posts
    May 30, 2018 12:26 PM EDT

It doesn't exist here. There's a lot of alternative people, but no one actually classifies themselves as goth. 

• DevilsFood
    • 33 posts
    July 29, 2018 7:00 PM EDT
    Eh...pretty much Kool. Sure, after a while when "the honeymoon" wears off, only then might you finally start seeing some fucking local Pain In The Ass somehow raising inexcusable drama, but oh well.....I no longer Go-Out these days, though.....
  • DevilsFood
    • 33 posts
    July 29, 2018 7:09 PM EDT
    Fortunately, there seems to be only one damn intolerably-dense "goth elitist" Stupid Idiot around these parts; he talks shit to you online but when you eventually see his monkeyass locally at some club, he (and some others like him) sure do like keeping a looooongass safe distance far AWAYYYYY from you. -_- #YouWereSayingWhatAgainOnTheNetTheOtherDay?????
  • jolenemoon
    • 17 posts
    August 21, 2018 7:40 AM EDT

For me it seems there's a HUGE alternative scene in the city I'm in, which I love, but the specifically goth scene I'm not so sure about - I know there used to be a big scene for it, but I feel it's shifted to more metalhead scene now. Other than a couple of pubs and some of the elder goths, it seems like it's just kind of died, unless you love drinking, partying and drugs (for the electro,trance,dance scene kids -- nothing against them or their habits, just not my cup of tea). Bristol also used to have a steampunk scene, but I never really connected with anyone in it unfortunately. Quite elitist, was my impression, and my definitions and labels are too wishy washy for them, perhaps. 

It seems like unless you have an 'in' with the crowd, there is no crowd. Especially if you don't like dancing/drinking/clubs. I mostly stick to the 'nerd' scene instead. Tabletop gaming, RPGs, and music. Or I just make my non-gothy friends come and do gothy things with me. :D