Forums » Hangout

Your Local Goth Scene

• MrDeadInside
    • 2 posts
    October 12, 2018 8:16 PM EDT

A plethora of emos but the only other goth I know of is my friend's mom. Central Texas sucks like that lol.

• battleangel
    • 31 posts
    October 13, 2018 1:56 AM EDT

There was a punk, postpunk/goth, darkwave, deathrock club last Saturday and there is a goth/alternative club tonight here tonight. In two weeks I am seeing Peter Murphy perform 40 years of Bauhaus and I can't even express how in awe I am right now.  

• Ttragic
    • 1 posts
    October 26, 2018 6:04 PM EDT
    If you cant find a scene, make one. ;)
  • battleangel
    • 31 posts
    October 26, 2018 11:55 PM EDT

What @Ttragic said. 

You don't have to hire a venue and run a goth club. You could make a FB group etc and see who else in your area is into the subculture. From there you could share post punk, goth, darkwave, deathrock tunes and maybe meet up for drinks at a bar or coffee or whatever? Who says you can't listen and dance to the music at someone's house? 

• MoonsHalo
    • 17 posts
    October 27, 2018 6:21 AM EDT
    in my local area, goth is dead. there's only metal and mainstream culture. and kids who will argue with you that goth can also be metal.
  • SzephrinaMarrie
    • 1 posts
    December 8, 2018 9:46 PM EST

There is one spot nearby but It's like one night a week. There is a goth club about 2 hours from me but I can't afford to go there all the time. 

• GothClot
    • 26 posts
    August 22, 2019 2:21 AM EDT
    There is me and then a bunch of phonies who wear mall clothes; it is not because they wear the clothes it is because they think it makes them like us to wear such things.
    This post was edited by GothClot at August 22, 2019 11:43 PM EDT
  • Alesia
    • 33 posts
    August 27, 2019 2:17 PM EDT

I know a few other goths in my city, and there are two clubs that do goth nights sometimes.  That is all.  It's tiny here.  There are some gothy things to do, though.  Like going to the graveyards, Halloween events, classic horror movies in theaters, or we might get a visit from a good band.

• RoxyJames
    • 38 posts
    September 19, 2019 5:48 AM EDT
    I feel like The Only Living Goth In Letchworth. (That's where I live just outside of London)
    Zero Scene here, but where I work in Central London I'm happy to say I actually see Goths from all generations. But you have to lookout for them they are by no means popular. Camden Town in London NW5 is very Alternative here where you still see every Sub culture going but then again it's world famous for its Alternative Scene. It also has 2 that I know of Public Houses that are Goth Themed. The Devonshire Arms And The Black Heart. With music and Bands playing to go with the Sub Culture. I can't review as I've not visited them just yet as I'm new to the scene myself.
    Having said that I'm looking forward to my first ever 2 Day Festival in London just after Halloween in London at Slimelight at a Festival called Slimelight The Static Darkness Festival Nov 2nd to 3rd November 19 that has 2 stages for live bands, which I'm really excited about as I'm going on me lonesome and be hoping to meet new friends there as I have a severe lack of them at this time lol a d hopefully findout where all the local Goths hide in the Darkness ☺
  • Sceleratis
    • 7 posts
    October 1, 2019 2:27 PM EDT

Florida is atrocious for the goth scene since most people here cant tell goth from emo or Industrial and the let the chads have the run of one of out most prominent Roosts what i would give to be back in Leipzig if it wasn't for the prime minister id still be there but crazy of that level is dangerous    

• extenebris
    • 2 posts
    October 8, 2019 7:13 PM EDT

The scene in Australia peaked 90s to mid 00s. Melbourne and Sydney still have a bit of a scene and a couple of clubs, but you don't see random congregations of goths around town like you used to.
    We did have a big 30 year anniversary of one of the clubs recently and heaps of suburban parents got out their corsets and stilettos from the back of the cupboard for one last bang. Lots of familiar faces we hadn't seen for ages. 

• GothClot
    • 26 posts
    October 8, 2019 7:32 PM EDT

Haha I feel you there extenebris, I have to show videos or quotes from Voltaire/Aurelio Voltaire all the time that he is not Goth either he is Dark Cabaret. He made one Goth album in the late 2000s, early 2010s as a joke.

• Goaway
    • 31 posts
    October 21, 2019 8:44 AM EDT
    I'm not a huge fan of scenes in general tbh but I think it's okay where I live but they're not at all friendly and most of them are older than me, and I'm not exactly young...

But there are multiple shops that sell goth clothes and although theres not much goth music there are alt venues which occasionally have good goth stuff. So I'm luckier than most for sure.
  • Ghostworld
    • 11 posts
    December 9, 2020 6:29 PM EST
    I’m living in Texas from what I know there are some kind of life still here but I think it’s definitely hidden, I’m trying to find anyone out there who would like to group up lol
    Maybe it’s just underground!
  • Ghostworld
    • 11 posts
    December 9, 2020 6:31 PM EST
    Ttragic said:
    If you cant find a scene, make one. ;)

Exactly!! Thank you!!!
  • littlemissdeath
    • 18 posts
    January 22, 2021 1:04 PM EST

There is next to no scene in my area. One bar where 50 year olds hang out and try to pick up drunk alt looking girls, but that's about it. You have to go to Philly to find anything decent.

• bloodrayne79
    • 7 posts
    January 25, 2021 11:42 AM EST

The scene is non existent where i live. I live in a town in the UK, which blows as no other goth people there