Forums » Hangout

California

• kyouma
    • 11 posts
    September 23, 2020 4:53 PM EDT
    Well, what do you guys think of sunny California? I'm bored and gonna study in a bit but I wanted some input. I'm from Southern California close to the desert and it sucks. I don't like the heat.
  • mendeleviumore
    • 11 posts
    December 13, 2020 9:11 PM EST

I came to California from Texas partly to get away from the Bible shit there. I'm used to the heat here in the IE in the summer and jt's good to not have to bundle up in the winter (I mean, almost always you don't; I've lived here for 7 years).

• kyouma
    • 11 posts
    December 14, 2020 10:15 PM EST

Are the winters where you're from colder than here?

• mendeleviumore
    • 11 posts
    December 22, 2020 7:57 PM EST
    kyouma said:

Are the winters where you're from colder than here?

There's plenty of times in the winter you need a jacket here on the flats in metro LA, but often not even that, and not a heavy coat. No snow except up in the mountains, not even a light dusting you can see the ground through. No ice storms here like in Texas. 

• mendeleviumore
    • 11 posts
    December 22, 2020 8:03 PM EST

Everywhere in Texas where I've lived--El Paso, Austin, and in the woods near the Louisiana state line east of Dallas--it gets below freezing in the winter. Not that far below freezing, like in the low 30s or 20s, usually, and it never hits single digits (Fahrenheit), and sometimes in the winter there's snow. It's considerably warmer in the part of California where I am.

• kyouma
    • 11 posts
    December 23, 2020 9:12 AM EST

Texas is starting to look appeasing to me. But I'm leaning towards Oregon/Washington.

• Ghostworld
    • 15 posts
    April 9, 2021 6:55 AM EDT
    kyouma said:

Texas is starting to look appeasing to me. But I'm leaning towards Oregon/Washington.

If you’re ever in Texas let me know would love to know more people here but I do adore Cali
  • Ghostworld
    • 15 posts
    April 9, 2021 6:56 AM EDT
    Ghostworld said:
    kyouma said:

I’m moving to Oregon in a year and a half I believe If you’re ever in Texas let me know would love to know more people here but I do adore Cali

• kyouma
    • 11 posts
    April 12, 2021 9:31 AM EDT
    @Ghostworld definitely. Well, what part(s) of Texas are good? Also, planning to move in about the same time if I end up not going overseas.
  • Ghostworld
    • 15 posts
    April 24, 2021 7:21 AM EDT
    kyouma said:
    @Ghostworld definitely. Well, what part(s) of Texas are good? Also, planning to move in about the same time if I end up not going overseas.

Austin, San Antonio really two of the best places here, and that’s awesome it’d be nice to know someone new there :))
  • Deceiving
    • 4 posts
    August 13, 2021 5:42 PM EDT

I'm from North California, and the weather is typically nice- at least in the Bay Area that is. 

There's a good variety of opportunities, people, and things to engage with here. Which is nice. 

I think most of my qualms with living in California have to do with the high cost of living. 

• kyouma
    • 11 posts
    August 13, 2021 7:28 PM EDT
    @Deceiving I agree. Living in California has some perks but the cost for many things is sad. I'm jealous of North Cal weather though.