Forums » Bands and Music

How musical are you?

• Charna
    • 7 posts
    January 23, 2016 2:03 PM EST

Pretty self-explanatory. Is anyone here a musician? If so, what instruments do you play? Did you study music or just teach yourself? Have you been involved in any musical projects? Let's hear it.

• January 24, 2016 12:00 PM EST

HI, Yes I do play Music. My First teacher was my Grandmother. She played a Hammond pipper keyboard, that was built in 1948 and the Accordion. At A young age, She noticed my interest in the Keyboard. Her form of instruction was to allow me to sit at the keyboard, and just have at it, for hours on end! Later on, I would get a guitar and drumset. Over the years I have been involved with many aspiring bands, taking on different positions, in each one, from guitar, to drums to vocals and keys. The closest, I've come to succsess, Was In a band called Bloodbath or Disco blood bath or Bloodbot (there may exist many bands with this same name *note, we did not release material.), the name changed often. I was the vocalist, and wrote some of the synth music. It was, kind of a goth/electro outfit, with guitar. We actually landed A permant gig, to play every wed. and sat. in a club called fortune cookie in lower NYC (Manhattan). Unfortunately, the band broke off, shortly after our first few gigs, for numerous reasons.

Other than that, I have 3 unrealesed demos, And a new 8 song demo that I am currently working on.

My Question is: would anyone be interested in hearing some of my music? And would anyone wish to collaborate? * See my profile for a short list of Musical inspirations.

• January 26, 2016 5:15 AM EST

Early Grave on iTunes

Yeah... I've actually released something in my life.

• CrybabyFreakshow
    • 18 posts
    July 29, 2016 10:07 PM EDT

I enjoy partaking in the musics!

I can't read music, but I can play by ear. I also love to sing.

• August 15, 2016 1:30 PM EDT
    I read music and I'm a self taught vocalist.
  • vitriolic
    • 3 posts
    January 31, 2020 1:00 AM EST

I play drums and guitar. I also own a Taglharpa, Bass Jouhiko, a Pipa, an Erhu a Cello and a Violin. I mainly prefer drums but since I can't get to my unit frequently I reduce to playing guitar and I like messing around with the Taglharpa the most when it comes to the bowed instruments. I've also been in a few music projects, working on a new EP right now. One band I'm in is named Litany of Ruinous Entities. I have a few other projects and will provide them upon further request if you're interested.

• kairu
    • 4 posts
    February 2, 2020 3:09 PM EST

multi-instrumentalist here, do composition work for other artists here in Japan sometimes as well (even the government once!) In my band work here it is often me doing all the instruments,mixing,mastering,etc. thankfully have had some of my childhoold heroes here teach me how to do the production side of things better. For my solo music it is all me, including vocals. Though guitar is my favorite the drums and bass are always more important for song writing. When I get board of guitar old FM synths hold me over.

This post was edited by kairu at February 2, 2020 3:09 PM EST
  • YaMamaNi66a
    • 5 posts
    March 9, 2020 11:48 AM EDT
    I do metal vocals, drums and bass. Currently working on an acid rap/Doom metal project
  • MissLilith
    • 12 posts
    March 19, 2020 3:46 AM EDT

I took flute and piano lessons as a kid. Guitar for 12+ years and written music. 

This post was edited by MissLilith at July 10, 2020 8:54 PM EDT
  • vicsin
    • 4 posts
    April 5, 2020 8:01 PM EDT

Music is pretty much my life support. I have played in bands, have been writing original material and recording music for around 20 years. The band I'm playing with currently just released a music video. I also recorded/mixed/mastered the audio recording.

This post was edited by vicsin at April 5, 2020 8:02 PM EDT
  • corvonhlordhaze
    • 6 posts
    May 14, 2020 5:34 AM EDT

I've been making Industrial-Hardcore since I was 15, I'm 30 now! I've used FL Studio 5 and 10 for all my music. I think I've made maybe 4 albums worth of material so far. When I was 21 I started getting into playing guitar and working to write my own Metal and I've finally just now started to get the hang of it. Lyrics have been difficult but playing the guitar came pretty naturally. I play in Drop A. I'll post a song when I get one complete. ^-^

I just released an album of some of my old favorite Industrial pieces of mine I figure some of you would enjoy.

Goth Von Core - Morbid Fascination

• DismalWynter
    • 6 posts
    July 5, 2020 12:55 PM EDT

I have a few projects. A dark ambient one that i use samples for. A Doom/Death solo project that i work on alone. Have a on/off band right now that my best friend and i started back in 2009. Iv'e been playing guitar for a few years. piano for 2 years. And drums in a band while in school for 2 years. 

• KimmiBurgui
    • 1 posts
    July 13, 2020 9:48 PM EDT

I am too musical, I love seo music from Queen, old school, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Eminem, Music To Be Murdered By is amazing !!!

• AceColette1998
    • 21 posts
    January 7, 2021 6:27 PM EST

sometimes I wish I was more musical but I used to play the flute when I was in junior high

• Wyvren
    • 4 posts
    January 7, 2021 7:29 PM EST

Cool, pretty musical group here. I used to play bassoon, until it got stolen. Now I play a Dollar Tree recorder flute, pretty good at it too. When I was growing up I played piano. I miss piano alot.

• AceColette1998
    • 21 posts
    January 13, 2021 1:29 PM EST

Sometimes I do actually miss playing the flute