Forums » Help and Advice

• DarkHowl
    • 1 posts
    August 27, 2016 9:53 AM EDT
    I live In Miami Florida, and I literally know no other goths, and through I have "normal" friends I feel they don't really understand me. Im under aged so I just can't go clubbing and find some. Doe anyone live by me or have and advice for me.
  • September 9, 2016 4:03 PM EDT

Just be yourself, do what YOU want, and don't give up!!

• battleangel
    • 24 posts
    October 22, 2016 5:01 PM EDT

Wow. This made me think back to when I was in high school when subculture was a whole different ball game. There was no internet and no way to connect to others with similar musical taste as myself. I knew I was different. I didn’t relate to the music that everyone else was listening to and if I dared mention what I was into it lead to more bullying so I kept quiet and only had a handful of friends who were friends by default not because we shared much common interest.

I was looking through the music section in the library trying to find some sheet music when I stumbled across a book called the British Invasion which was a history of British music. I was flicking through it and saw the punk section where I recognised John Lydon who I knew from PIL. I then found the Post Punk Gothic section and suddenly knew what most of what I was listening to was.

It wasn’t until I left school and started University that I saw my first Goth in the flesh. I was out drinking and I walked in the girls bathroom and there she was. I was blown away and knew I wanted to dress like that. Didn’t take me long to find a flyer for a Goth club and I was finally home so to speak.

Sorry for the life story but my point is hang in there. I hope you find like minded people soon but be thankful you have social media to help you understand and connect.

• buriedwithin
    • 1 posts
    April 6, 2018 8:51 PM EDT

I know this is an 18 month old post, but i'm going to comment anyway.  

I am having the same problems, but it's not from the lack of goths in Southern California. It's because I'm almost 45 and a single parent that can't relate to the younger scene. I hope you've met some new friends. 

• July 8, 2019 1:38 PM EDT

you can always talk to me if you want but I have serious issues with my mental health cause I know no one can be perfect.

• JoshuaMPryce
    • 17 posts
    October 22, 2019 3:40 PM EDT
    DarkHowl said:
    I live In Miami Florida, and I literally know no other goths, and through I have "normal" friends I feel they don't really understand me. Im under aged so I just can't go clubbing and find some. Doe anyone live by me or have and advice for me.

Open your heart and your mind to making friends with everyone not just goths.