Forums » Bands and Music

Raw/Underground Gothic Rock?

• October 13, 2017 10:18 AM EDT

So I'm very in to raw black metal (Satanic Warmaster, Goatmoon, Black Cilice, etc.) and I'm wondering where I could find gothic rock/dark wave or industrial bands that have a raw, esoteric sound? Specifically I love bands like Diva Destruction, Two Witches, and Diary of Dreams that have a more sad and depressive tone.

• February 18, 2018 6:31 PM EST

Maybe try Merciful Nuns or Lestat. ^^ Lestat - Fallen Angel and Merciful Nuns - Lost Chord of the Sun are some good songs.

• February 18, 2018 6:45 PM EST

Oh cool! I'll check them out ^^ thank you!

• July 6, 2018 10:12 PM EDT

I don't know if you dig 80s new wave or deathrocky stuff. But there is a lot of that going on in the undergound right now. It may not be enjoyable to those like yourself who are into underground black metal. It's an entirely different realm of sound and taste. 

• Icosahedra
    • 5 posts
    September 2, 2020 9:18 AM EDT
    Deleted Member said:

I don't know if you dig 80s new wave or deathrocky stuff. But there is a lot of that going on in the undergound right now. It may not be enjoyable to those like yourself who are into underground black metal. It's an entirely different realm of sound and taste. 

I personally love New wave, Deathrock, Gothic Rock and I also enjoy Black Metal, I even like Psychobilly music, Industrial, Ska Punk, old school hardcore Punk, Metal, ect. Even though they are different realms of sounds I love them all. Two Witches was already mentioned, but I'll suggest •Witching Hour, •anything started by Rozz Williams, • the Cure when they first came out before they went pop •Skeletal Family •Alien Sex Fiend • Jack Off Jill (???)
  • ShadowCreek
    • 3 posts
    November 18, 2020 11:55 PM EST

Hello friends!

I make music inspired by the movies.

Raw/underground gothic/darkwave with a bit of horror.

Here is the album that I have recorded with the guest vocalists:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0Yu7tekdPjNerElcMjG029?si=LlPT4mF8Rv-zE6pEmVPuxg

Some more stuff (mostly instrumentals) here:

https://shadowcreektx.bandcamp.com/